Leaderboard

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Scrapbook for Kids

I always get bogged down with scrap booking with my kids when we go somewhere special. I'm sentimental about the kids having mementos from vacations and fun days but it can be really difficult to keep up with all the little bits that we want to preserve.  I've come up with an idea that I'm now going to use. I've found lots of little picture holder books and mini scrap books on sale at various arts and crafts stores or in the clearance isle of walmart. I'm taking a little time to let my kid use a Sharpie to Title the book or use supplies I have like foam letters. Then take the empty book with on the outing or vacation. As stickers, movie stubs, museum fliers and other bits are collected they can go right in the book. Later when pictures are developed from the outing we can slip them in and wha la! The memento is complete. If extra embellishments are wanted then they can easily be added on a rainy day.
I think the brown bag scrap books are great for this too but require some prep and may end up being a lot of fuss! Unless of course you have used a rainy day and made some up. The pockets are great for little treasures and will open more than the regular picture sleeves. 
For those treasures that are to big and need attention later carry a bag in your tote, diaper bag or purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment